Saturday, 27 February 2010
Wednesday, 24 February 2010
Did you like it???
Monday, 22 February 2010
Saturday, 20 February 2010
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
Niwas is a home of memories, moments, good times, laughter and prayers. I remember when we bought this house I was not sure what I would do as far as decor goes. Being a first time home buyer I had no experience but what I had was imagination and patience. We still have a long way to go but I am happy with the steps we have taken.. .. I love the touch of India as it reminds me of home and most of the stuff you see here are either gifts from family or garage sale :-) ....
Also do check January’s home tour – of Ms. Ahalya
Don’t forget to comment… so I know what you are thinking!! If you’d like to see your home here, or would like to share a cozy corner of your home do email me on firstname.lastname@example.org … I’d love to hear from you!!
Sunday, 14 February 2010
Here are a few pictures of my low seating table… Dinner served for two.
The napkin holders have our kids names on it…
Pink the colour of love for me…. (infact pink is the colour for anything for me… )
Hope you had a great celebration… Let me know if you did anything special!!
Saturday, 13 February 2010
Wednesday, 10 February 2010
Since the frames are wooden, use a bright red marker and color in some hearts on the borders or if you’re feeling adventurous, make your own special design. Position these around the house, on the bedside table with a solitary standing candle, floating candle or flower and voila, instant prettiness! If all else fails and you just don’t have the time – run to the fridge. Transform your fridge door into your canvas for pictures and use a few pretty magnets or even tape.
Saturday, 6 February 2010
One very common way of reducing or eliminating your plastic usage, is by using glass. Yes!! Use glass… whenever possible. Buy products that are sold in glass, eg. Milk or juices – buy them in glass containers. In this way, the manufacturers will be forced to sell in glass and plastic companies will be required to manufacture only biodegradable plastic. Or atleast I hope so!!
I am totally in love with glass … aren’t you?
Here are a few simple tips to use glass –
1. Don't buy beverages bottles in plastic. Glass containers are just perfect and can be reused.
2. Do you get a coffee to work? I do sometimes… Carry your own reusable flask or stainless steel coffee mugs. All drink lids & linings are plastic, which will live on for over a 100 years. Yes!! Be proud of carrying your own reusable mugs.
3. Your leftover can be stored in fashionable glass containers.
4. Purchase consumables that are bottled in glass. Clean it & reuse it. (eg. Jam, peanut butter, maple syrup)
5. Use perfume or deodorants (roll ons) sold in glass bottles.
6. Don’t use plastic cutting boards… the glass or wood ones are lovely!!
7. Use baby bottles made of glass – why use plastic?