Have some of you been asking me... what to do with small spaces?? and small balconies...
Joining us today with her magical, enchanting space is Harshika .... who blogs and talks about her culinary skills on And She Cooks...
You obviously can't put a deck umbrella in a short balcony, but decorating it with a small bench will make it look stunning.
Use a mirror, it always makes the space look bigger. Go vertical... and use edges and fences effectively and efficiently...
Fill corners with larger herbs, and the rest of your space with smaller flowers, bushes and herbs. Use a small stool with a cushion to personalize your garden workspace.
Make your space look cozy, by adding a chair or two, or a bench with cushions and a small table. This way you can sit in your comfort zone and admire your patch of green. Don’t forget lighting! This is an important element.
I'm a sucker for solar lights and you get these in all sorts of beautiful shapes and sizes. More importantly, use ample candles too. Let all your creative juices flow. Express your heart and make this space your own. Paint a wall or use ample hanging décor.
Decorate with pillows that compliment your wall. Hand pictures, metallic bells, terracotta bells, chimes and anything that makes you smile. The best way to get lots of little cheap knick knacks is flea markets (at Safa park or on your way to Fujeirah), garage sales (around jumeirah), or dubizzle.
Join The Weekly Story linky party ~ open from Monday through Wednesday every week..
- Do a post on your blog, about ANYTHING! and it can really be anything – example – a fun recipe you tried out, a craft project, a DIY, a table top, a few candles, coffee with friends or a good book or a movie review… The list is endless… just about ANYTHING… and anything about YOU !! *smiles* ... It can also be 'anything pretty' ...
- Original photographs only... No images from other websites or magazines please!! This is about YOU.
- Link back to my blog.... only as a courtesy, so we have more people joining the party.
- Copy the 'permalink' from your post (not the link to the front page of your blog).
- Add your 'permalink' to the 'inlinkz' at the bottom of this post.
- Click the link before you. Don’t forget to comment and if you like the blog, please follow!!
Please note, you DO NOT have to be a follower of my blog to join the party.. I'd love to see you here!!
Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!