Friday 17 July 2009

Camille Allen – Artist Dolls & Sculptures

This is the last post about the Doll Exhibition. I will leave you with my favourite artist – Camille Allen. This Canadian born artist learnt this art for 8 years!! She actually started or learnt making large life size dolls. Then one day, from bits of clay left over from a larger doll, she created a miniature baby. She loved this so much… that she continued to experiment and make them… Here are a few of her creations..

 IMG_8912 

This is Camille Allen at work. Please read more about her

IMG_8914IMG_8913

While we stood there… she made the eyes, mouth and features of this little baby….

IMG_8915IMG_8916 IMG_8917IMG_8918

The babies are made of polymer clay. Once crafted, this clay has to be treated at high temperature of 265 to 275 deg F.

I’m off for a long weekend.. and will leave you with a few of her babies…. The details, the eyes, the mouth, the wrinkles… are truly the work of an extremely talented artist…

IMG_8906 IMG_8890 IMG_8892 IMG_8893 IMG_8894 IMG_8896 IMG_8898IMG_8902IMG_8901

7 comments:

  1. Can I pick my jaw up from where its hit the floor? Those babies are so true-to-life and absolutely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear,
    i really cant make them apart from the real ones.i must say what precision!!thanks for sharing the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Just terrific!
    Thanks a ton for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are the Cutest things I have ever seen! so eautiful...thanks for sharing Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I saw here is something new:*about Camille..she sis gorgeos,amazing,I love her,she inspired me...Thank you for this posting!
    All the best,
    Ana Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camille's work is beyond comparison... Incredible... !! I just have no words to describe her talent....!!

    I have read about her before but forgot her name - Thanks a ton and hugs for sharing these links !!Loved them all...!!

    Have a great weekend !!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!