Hope you liked my Go Green article last month. I'm hoping to go green every month... *wink*
One very common way of reducing or eliminating your plastic usage, is by using glass. Yes!! Use glass… whenever possible. Buy products that are sold in glass, eg. Milk or juices – buy them in glass containers. In this way, the manufacturers will be forced to sell in glass and plastic companies will be required to manufacture only biodegradable plastic. Or atleast I hope so!!
I am totally in love with glass … aren’t you?
Here are a few simple tips to use glass –
1. Don't buy beverages bottles in plastic. Glass containers are just perfect and can be reused.
2. Do you get a coffee to work? I do sometimes… Carry your own reusable flask or stainless steel coffee mugs. All drink lids & linings are plastic, which will live on for over a 100 years. Yes!! Be proud of carrying your own reusable mugs.
3. Your leftover can be stored in fashionable glass containers.
4. Purchase consumables that are bottled in glass. Clean it & reuse it. (eg. Jam, peanut butter, maple syrup)
5. Use perfume or deodorants (roll ons) sold in glass bottles.
6. Don’t use plastic cutting boards… the glass or wood ones are lovely!!
7. Use baby bottles made of glass – why use plastic?