Friday 12 October 2012

My Home, My Haven ~ Nirmala


and its time for a home tour.... 


Welcome to my home - Agastya! We named our home 'Agastya' simply because we loved the way it sounded. Something my husband and I instantly agreed upon (which is very rare)



To me my home is my heaven! I love to spend time here with quite a few cups of chai when the rest of the house is out doing their business! My style as far as home decor is concerned has always been predominantly ethnic.  I love warm colors with a pop of red/orange/blue here and there and love to surround myself with anything that reminds me of India. You will find a lot of buddhas around my house in various colors and sizes. They are all my priced possessions. The golden/yellow wall in my dining is my most favorite part, the beautiful buddha sitting calm in the high traffic area watching us walk by a million times during the day! I simply love to pause and gaze at the wall sometimes. And would love to mention, this wall has fetched me a lot of compliments. Another favorite corner for me is by the fire place - my little zen corner. The blue suzani bench there is my recent addition. I love to collect lanterns and you can see a few hanging around the house.  The best compliment about the house for me has been from my daughter who simply said one day - 'Mom our house is so beautiful'. I have quite a bit of great suggestions and feedback coming from her these days.  I do hope you have enjoyed a glimpse of my favorite little corner of the world as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you.



This is the home of 'Nirmala' .. and I'm so so glad she has welcomed us into her gorgeous home.... 


I'm doing this home tour in three parts for you... *smiles*... and today... I'm only showing you a few images of the living space... 

I love the play of light in these images... 







There is a lot I love and admire about this gorgeous home... Its simply welcoming and instantly warm and cozy... You can tell that each corner is put together with so much love and care... 



I can't wait to show you more.... *grins*.... It will surely take your heart away.... 

14 comments:

  1. lovely house..lovely collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of wall colors. Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your wall colors. And your Buddhas and how everything is so artfully arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and cozy decor....love it:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. house looks beautiful as always Nirmala :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. itz a beautifully decorated house...thx for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful home and done in such good taste. There is so much peace and harmony in the decor..loved the Buddha and also the red and off white walls with the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those embroidered bolster covers, and the rough hewn walls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for all the appreciation! Glad you all enjoyed the home tour.

    Thanks Patty for the feature! Feel so honored:)

    Nirmala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!Athi sundar!! Drooooooooooooooooooooooooool worthy!! I love the way you have decorated your home. Even my sons are very fond of your house. Thank you and Patty for sharing such an awesome house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Nirmala.... 'Agastya' is really really pretty... I cant wait to visit you now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!