Friday 26 October 2012

DIY Rangoli

Now that's what I truly like about you (yes.. YOU... all those who read CD)... You are so super creative... wow!! Im so impressed!!

You've seen Bhupali sharing with us her ideas on how to upcycle cardboard to makes gift boxes or tissues boxes.. 

Today ... in time for Diwali... she shows us how to make 'recycled rangoli'


A little about Bhupali...


I am Bhupali Joshi a microbiologist but now a full time Homemaker. I enjoy and utilize my time with my daughter and creating some art stuff.

While discussing about 3 R's i.e. reuse,reduce and recycle with my daughter I thought of this and the result was a beautiful hand-painted portable rangoli!!!

I got a new set of bowls few months back with a packing material which I converted into rangoli patterns.




Its as simple as that... and I'm sure you can try it too... go on and make some rangolis.. and don't forget to share your pics with me... on coloursdekor@gmail.com



Oh.. and leave a comment so Bhupali shares more ideas with you!! *smiles*

12 comments:

  1. soo surelyy trying these out too... earlier too inspired by her work,,, I revamped and reused my shoe boxes to make my jewellery box... will be sharing on my blog soon.... keep up the amazing work Bhupali,You really inspire us.

    Aakanksha
    http://decor-gharaana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done and moreover they are portable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I am so doing this for my house. Thanks Bhupali and Patty for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bhupali, this is amazing stuff. Just love the way you have transformed that piece of cardboard into something so very beautiful. For a while, I was thinking what I would have done with that card and I had no clue. Heights of creativity for sure.

    Patty, really appreciate how you manage to bring to light such wonderful talents. Keep up the good stuff that you are doing through Coloursdekor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Never ever heard about a recycled rangoli design. I ma very much ken in making this for my home too. Truly an inspiring one. Can you please tell me the colors that you have used for the diyas in pink...is it a pearl color???

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing idea. I would never have thought of putting packaging material to such a creative and pretty use. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bhushan A Marathe28 October 2012 at 15:49

    Great Work...... Proud to be your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely idea! might just steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Rangoli designs. Looks pretty and beautiful.

    More over it is simple rangoli designs. SO I am sure people will try your DIY rangoli

    Regards
    Sajith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those designs looks so good. Usually in India rangoli designs will be tried mostly out of the home. But your rangoli design can try inside home. Fabulous idea.

    Regards
    Chetana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indian culture is really rich, which made me hooked up with its festival and celebrations. I must say that these beautiful rangoli designs and happy people made me truly captivated.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!