Wednesday 1 June 2011

In the Spotlight ~ Buddha Scapes

In the spot light for June is ‘Buddha Scapes’ ~
Do not dwell in the past,
do not dream of the future,
concentrate the mind on the present moment.
~ Buddha
The word Buddha literally means ‘the awakened one’ – someone who has complete knowledge and can see the universe as it really is!! Buddhism to me is a discipline and is a small part of my heart.
One of the teachings is that ‘everything is linked’ and ‘the law of cause & effect’. This I think is where the idea of ‘karma’ comes in, what we give, is what we shall receive and vice versa. Our thoughts & actions determine the kind of life we can have.
I try every single day, to make a small difference to someone’s life, to do something good, to have complete control on my emotions and a bigger control over the words that come out of my mouth.
And this is where ‘Buddha’ plays an important role in my home. I love the serenity and calm on his face… The above are my outdoor corners of tranquil..
Now I’m taking you back indoors.. to show you how I’ve tried bringing in the lotus theme to ‘Buddha corners’…

This is my new find.. ‘my Buddha – light & fountain corner’… The Jhoola (swing) was the first piece of furniture my hubby & I purchased… so its ‘my special’ corner… And now with the Buddha and the sound of the fountain… its my favourite place for some calm in the evenings… *sigh*
So are you joining in for the June ‘In the Spotlight’ series… of ‘Buddha Scapes’… Show off the ‘Buddha’ corners of your home…. or share a ‘zen’ book, share some quotes or spiritual guidance… or simply tell me what ‘Buddha Scapes’ means to you… Go on and link in… *smiles*

Colours Dekor

21 comments:

  1. I love all the Buddha's. Its interesting to see their different forms and styles. Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post...loved the Buddha scapes and the serenity, calmness in the ambience

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know you have one of the most gorgeous home si have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP! Those Buddhascapes are just beautiful! Love them Patty. :-)
    I'm also loving the subtle lotus burst on the page...today Colours Dekor looks extra soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post. Patty I must say ur home and ur thoughts are so inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how u get different ideas for different intervels!!! totally loved ur home and ur perception towards Buddhism...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Serene. Love these corners of your home. I may have to visit these corners very soon...need all the zen in my life, now :)I like how your lotus theme is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely, Patty. I saw the various Buddha interpretations in the DC Museum. It was a wonderful experience to see so many. Just like your blog. Best wishes.

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have always wanted a bronze Buddha idol at the entrance of my house :) when i get my own house ill make it just like this :) thank you soo much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely...i'm so tempted to get myself a really big buddha for my home too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I simply love the tranquil spots in your home, so Zen:):) Visually draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just by looking at pics,i could feel it ,..:-) thnks

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful theme and a gr8 post!!cant wait to share my buddha scapes here!!
    so long....enjoying the lovely images of ur home...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is definitely after my heart.the very symbol of buddha is peace and serenity....will surely join in for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post! Your home looks divine! I am trying to catch up on the fabulous posts I missed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buddhascapes- Can u believe I do not have a single Buddha in my Norway home and am contemplating for long to get one. Hopefully I will find one some day that will bring in the calmness and tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Patty- What a gorgeous idea and what a gorgeous post! I loved all the Buddhas you have- particularly the slab one in the garden is so unsual!

    ReplyDelete
  18. loved your Buddha collections..and your lotus-theme home can't have been the most ideal connection to Buddha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Joola corner of your home, and of course the Buddhas too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Joola corner of your home, and of course the Buddhas too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely home Patty.. Joining in.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!