Tuesday 11 October 2011

Home Tour ~ Harshika


I'm going to surprise you with this stunning home tour... The first time peeped into Harshika's home... my heart stayed there for a while... *smiles*... And today, I simply want to share these pictures with you... As simple as that!!



And here is what Harshika has to say ~~

I dont know how many would agree but I personaly find Dubai a real haven for people who enjoy doing up their homes and are house proud. Almost everything you see in my house is from here. I got married and moved to Dubai almost six years ago and set up my interiors bit by bit over these years. With time I have collected a whole lot of things which have moved with me 3 times in these six years! Some of my heavier pieces are in a warehouse and waiting to see the light of the day. 



My style sense  is essentially Indian first but I also adore Mediteranean, Arab and south east Asian designs. And colours. Am totaly not afraid of going bonkers with colours. In every house that we have lived in, I have ensured crazy colours rule, including , the paint on the walls. We are waiting to decide if we will move again but the moment I get a nod from the hubster that we will be staying around in this house longer than a year, my paint buckets will come out . I am not Swedish, so I dont do white! :) It's okay in other people's homes, me, I need a little madness. I also dont like eclectic or kitschy designs . Just like that. I feel such designs are more like a fad/impulse buy and cannot be classified as timeless. But thats just me. I'm no designer. 



My real love is reading, cooking, sewing, knitting , gardening and home decor. I have a special interest in fabrics and textiles and every piece of linen you see in my house is sourced from Varanasi-my hometown and hand stitched by me. I also regularly shop at FabIndia if I havent been able to pick up something I want from Benaras. Benaras, has some of the most beautiful textiles be it cotton, silk, brocade and what have you. Knowing the rich weaves and fabrics available there, I one day dream of starting my own line of home linen. But that is later, for now, I hope, you like what you see in my house. Everybody, welcome!

















Harshika... promise to be the first one to visit your linen store... Good luck!!

Tell me... Do you want to show me your home?? Come on!! Let us in... Email me on torresp27@hotmail.com

24 comments:

  1. Harshika, you have a very cozy and comfy home with a beautiful garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks very nice and cozy. Love the little potted plants and personal touches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the use of various kinds of pots for the plants..especially the kettle (?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. neet Harsh..your home eludes peace & calmness.
    Patty : when will you show mine?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thanks for featuring this Patricia! What an honour. :)

    xoxo
    H

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks to all those who commented here, you should come see the state of my house by evening-courtesy my son, Yohaan who is soon going to be 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful home! and a lovely Garden to go along with it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. harshika has a warm place. A home you did love to hole up in any point of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv the cushions nd table linen ,everything looks so warm nd cosy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the orange curtains! Such a bright, colourful and lovely home, thank you for sharing.

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely house tour, esp love the stripey rugs and all the other colorful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one beautiful house! And like I get attracted to persimmons and orange...the colors in this home sure does attract!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous and colorful home Harshika, I really enjoyed that tour:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harshika, your home very cozy, colorful and beautiful greens. Thanks Patty, for another fab home tour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a warm and welcoming home...adore the beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to know your home Hashika, I loved all the floor arrangements including the lovely diwan, what a homely touch there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time here……I love your idea and pictures..looks really good...Following your blog straight away..If you have time Check out my blog too..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/
    I am having a Giveaway..
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/10/3-reason-to-celebrate-3-cookbooks.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful home tour, Patricia and Harshita.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful home tour Harshika! Loved the balcony garden.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely home Harshika.I really wanted to see your home after seeing your gorgeous balcony garden :)thanks for taking us on a tour Patricia :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful decor harshika...i totally love everything...and sooo happy to see more greenaries arranged neatly...

    ReplyDelete
  22. totally loved the window view and ur last picture with the dining table...very real home :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have some pretty fabrics. I like the woven piece - low end table.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow what a beautiful house, love the living room and the amazing view, I would like to have this house...thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!