Monday 9 August 2010

My Home, My Magic - home tour Aug 10

I love seeing homes like this… a little bit of clutter, a little bit of scatter and loads & loads of love. Obviously photos are not clicked by a professional photographer, and hence it looks like a complete home. Now, if you have a home built on love, clutter and attitude, email me some pictures on torresp27@hotmail.com and I’d love to feature your home here. This is my favourite image, the trunk, the Buddha and the painting…
This is the home of Roni Jaco, who I think is a true lover of textiles, fabrics & art.
The home is full of objects with a global perspective… with a multi-national and multi-cultural point of view.
I love how there is fabric everywhere in this home… such a passion!!

The Loaded Trunk embodies my approach to life: rich artistic tradition, creativity and craftsmanship. I believe that both traditional techniques and new interpretations of old traditions bring immeasurable beauty and warmth into the home. I consider The Loaded Trunk my global dinner party-as a fellow citizen of this world.

This is a home that reflects Roni’s passion for travel.
I love the colours of the rug and the fabric on the sofa.... Awesome isnt it?? So much attitude!!
I love frames on walls.. This is one thing I cant do myself, hence love admiring walls filled with artwork & frames.
Don’t forget to visit Roni at Loaded Truck and the Loaded Truck blog. I simply love the header of this blog… Go on check it out…
Also, a little update on me... I’m really busy with work & travel for the next two weeks, so I haven’t forgotten you all… I will be checking all your comments & posts soon. Thank you for the patience… my lovelies.. Love you all... And hope you all are having a great week...

14 comments:

  1. I love the artwork.Very interesting collection and of course a great house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this house is warm and inviting and lived in... :)...encourages me to click pics of my tiny abode and share them as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Roni's and it's wonderful to see her home...it's as eclectic as I imagined it! Thanks Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely home Patty! And that wall with the artwork is stunning! Must go check our her blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find my self drawn to the artwork in the pictures. Most of the pieces have a somewhat abstract quality that draws the attention. The house is wonderful and homey with a lot of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right Patty, the love and personality really do shine through! Lovely images : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that green, squishy chair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Thai puppet dolls...so intricate and whimsical

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house is done up very well..and my heart is on that BUDDHA statue..

    ReplyDelete
  11. eclectic treasure trove this home is- i want so many of these things!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following Roni's work for a while now...she has a fabulous store and a gorgeous home as awell!!

    Love the fabric, the buddha corner...gorgeous home! great post patty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really, really lovely and eclectic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!