1. Mix frame styles and colours. Use two colours… or a dash of colour. example, if all your frames are brown, have two red ones somewhere!! This makes the wall more attractive.
2. Mix paintings, prints and photography to create visual interest.
3. Add a few non art things – example - giant letter. But that is rather common so think of other non-art things you could add to the mix.
4. Collect all the frames or art objects that you want in one grouping or on one wall.
5. Lay your grouping on the floor and move things around until they look right.
6. Think of a large rectangle or square or diamond shaped and work within that outline. Alternatively, use masking tape to make an outline and arrange and rearrange and rearrange your frames in there, till you are happy!!
7. Take photos of your different layouts so you don’t forget which one you like best.
And once you are done…. don’t forget to email me a photograph of your wall with character at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a tip of your own you’d like to share?? Share it with the rest of us.