Tuesday 20 July 2010

My Home, My Magic - home tour July 10

I simply love seeing what your home looks like… Real peoples, real homes inspire me… Magazines are a great inspiration… But those homes are way tooooooo perfect, way tooooooo photogenic.. I like homes, with a little bit of clutter, lots of love and loads of personality…. Reflections of the beautiful people who live in them… I believe EVERY ONE has an awesome home, the styles may differ…. But who cares?? Its YOUR style… YOUR home, YOUR magic. Now don’t wait, email me pictures of your magic on torresp27@hotmail.com I’m dying to see them…

Now one such character filled home is what I’m peeping into today.. I’m eyeing the home of Artnavy … These are leather paintings from Andhra Pradesh in South India… Gorgeous walls.. isn’t it??

A home filled with wall hangings, paintings, curios & knick-knacks… What does that tell you about the awesomely creative person who lives in there???

I simply love this mask-wall.. Do you have a collection as beautiful as hers??

So… you must ask… who is Artnavy??? A loving wife & a working mother of two. When she is not playing the role of wife & mom, she works in the fragrance industry. She also writes serial stories for Chandamama, a children's publication. You must know by now where the inspirations come from??!!

She blogs at About time now and has been here for almost four years. She has recently begun contributing to Saffron Tree- a children's book review site.

This is what she says about herself and her home –

“I was raised all over South India and in Mumbai, turned Chennaite post marraige and am now a Bangalorean, interested in a lot of things- travel, home decor, Indian art, dance, music, films, food, books, photographing children, though I am not even a Jack at most of them.”

As for our style, I think we want it to reflect us and so a no-no to interior decorators/ very modern fat couches and so on. Beds are lower level too... Home is just a comfy place- a lot of colour/ Indian folk art/ handicrafts/ antiques and paintings that we like. It also holds a lot of memories of all the travel we have done

We love collecting Ganeshas, masks, affordable art, puppets and so on.

Her home is a mixture of old world sofas for comfort seating as well – no leather…. Just wood & lovely fabrics.

Look at the gorgeous paintings... the colourful walls.... the awesome masks.. Can you spot the two elephants in this image... oh !! so cute!! What do you think?? Isn't this home simply lovable... Dont you just feel at home... Can you feel the warmth??

Oh and guess what… when you visit her blog, don’t miss the link on the side bar – Her Chennai home tour was featured in Times of India Chennai I’m thankful that she is also sharing this baithak, a low level seating area from her home in Chennai.

Now… do you agree with me??? This home has loads of attitude, personality, overflowing love and simply captivating…

24 comments:

  1. oh, totally agree with you! Love all the flair of this house---brimming with personality, just as homes should!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, me too. A home should look lived in, not all pristine and perfect...! Love that mask wall. The house is like you say, full of love and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...Patty, you did it again! Lived in, comfy, refined, very artfully done-up! Love the masks.. :)Clicking on over to her blog now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely home.I love the artwork.The wall colour in the first pic is lovely.The artwork looks striking against it,doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, thanks for this gorgeous home tour! Lots of love and personality here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous home!!
    Thanks Patty for the post....a creative home brimming with personality!!
    Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Patty for welcoming our home into you e-space!

    Thanks all of you for your encouraging comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can see that Art is a kickass decorator. Matches her writing skills too. Warm, familiar and yet unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SUCH an inspiring post - Pats, I am a sucker for nice kitchens, and I loved the peek I got of this one! What a lovely home and such a great find! YOUR BLOG ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful home.. love the masks and the leather paintings !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks a lot GB

    thank you all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved the post...such lovely homes are so theraupatic..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you, magazine homes are TOO perfect ;) I really like this home, it does feel very warm and authentic. My favorite photo is the low seating, living room furniture. Very unique home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I love the wall of masks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, thanks for visiting me and for the feed back!
    This is an absolutely delightful feast for the eyes.. I mean you space.. I enjoyed every bit of it.Will stop by with each post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks all and Pat! This is indeed encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just saw your house....lovely and I just fell in love with the lights and glass painting! Am curious...did you make it and what are those squarish
    glass pieces protruding on the sides? Can you share a clearer picture of the same?

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did I miss this one!It's a beautiful home,so full of character! And like you said,the homes in most magazines today are way too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful home.......even more beautiful artwork on the walls......you actually have the penchant to discover and feature the best

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the terra-cotta decor ! So colorful and their decorating makes it a restful comfortable home, Gorgeous indeed .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, a lot of DIYs look amazing, but things you need tu purchase cost a lot of money. Thank you for these nice and budget-friendly ideas!
    Diy home decor india

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!