Wednesday 13 October 2010

In the Halloween mood..

Have you seen my new header?? Yesterdays header was different… it was black & orange… Today’s header is ‘just me’… the bats are pink again!! My friend Aisha did this for me… She is super creative.. She really is!!
I promised the girls to take out last years Halloween décor… so you can well image… that all school work was complete before I got home… These are my favourite lamps!! The girls coloured the paper orange… and I outlined the faces. The girls coloured the faces… and with a tea light in them… they simply look awesome!! It is a huge success among our friends… and kids love making their own décor.
Did you see our last years Halloween party??
I placed this on the dining table today… but it didn’t seem right. Then moved to our foyer table!! With lights on top of the mirror…
These are IKEA tea lights, with pumpkins stuck in front of them. I'm linking to Tuesday & Wednesday Parties.
Some spiders… to make it look scary…
I love these pumpkin faced lamps…
I don’t really believe in spending much on décor. Most of the Halloween décor is made of paper (news paper), coloured black or orange.. and then sketched using a marker. Some of this is from old cards or magazine cut outs… We use, and then keep them safe for next year.. and then re-use. Specially if any of this is printed… like the cat below… (she is precious to me!!)
Sims though the stairs was the most appropriate place for this cat… Which gave me an idea… I’m going to stick rats / mice on the bottom of the stairs (next to the cat).. What do you think? And stick a few… going all the way up!! *smiles* Weekend project for sure!!


24 comments:

  1. Loved the header. The bougainvillea flowers in the background look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome decor patty. U & ur girls totally rock! and the header...looks pretty & spooky at the same time! Am I sounding stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool...so all set for the halloween party )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee! The header is adorable; and I love the black cat!

    Halloween is my favorite holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah we put out the haloween/fall thanksgiving stuff yesterday as well! :)

    Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! lovely decor, Patty :)
    and I am in LOVE with pumpkins lights.
    I want them :)they are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Great arrangement doll!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink bats! Very fun. Thank you for linking up to Centerpiece Wed and sharing your creative ideas with us. Love that the kids are involved with this!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on the header pic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lanterns .. especially the goofy ones !

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful! love those creepy crawly spiders! Samhith would love to have them around! and the rats sound fantastic! and all that is made with newspaper??? I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The halloweeny header!! like like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! The halloweeny header!! like like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! so creative. I loved the lamps.. good Job !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome tag idea.I loved your cat cut out too.So cute.Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great decorations. I especially love those adorable pumpkin lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Halloween decor!!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. too good!!loved those little pumpkin faced lamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patti...

    Ooh..I love all of your special handcrafted halloween decor! It's the best kind and I bet your girls had a blast! I love the pretty pumpkin papers around the tea light candles...adorable! They look sooo cute all lit us! I also love your pumpkin lights...they're just sooo cheerful! It looks like you are all set and ready for the holiday, my friend! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us! Ohhh...and I love your new header! Pink bats are soooo cool! Hehe!

    I also wanted to thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my Autumn Enchantment table and mantel! I really enjoyed your visit and your sweet, sweet note! You just made my day, dear lady! Thank you!!!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your orange lanterns are the perfet decor idea for a halloween party. Loved the black cat.. I am sure he would love a few black mice for company.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooooo.. Do post the mice once they are done. I love that everything looks so festive without having spent a whole load of money.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Wednesday Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Thanks so much..
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!