Thursday 10 March 2011

Wall Project 2

I’ve always dreamt of a Bollywood wall… My cousin went hunting in Mumbai for these posters… and I was thrilled to see them… I’d open them, stare at them, wonder where it would look perfect…. then pack them up again…

When the Film Fare ME office offered us their walls… I was super thrilled!! Couldn’t think of a more perfect place for my posters… We painted the wall an earthy colour…. This was the easy task…

Then stuck posters on the wall… We arranged them on the floor first… then stuck them up with double sided tape….

All in all … a lot of fun.. and a fulfilment that I simply cant explain!! The finished wall… simply is my type!! The kind I always dreamt of…

I'm linking in to these fabulous link parties!

Do you like it?? Any scope for improvement? Let me know…. I’d love to do one of these at home… but cant seem to find an appropriate wall… *smiles*

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! where did your cousin find these in Mumbai? I want some!!
    Wow...Folks visiting this room will stop, stare, talk-reminise on these cool movies...They dont make lkike these anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thgt u'd frame them...they cool cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dint I offer u one ma walla at home.. LOL! LOVED them... Those guys were lucky chaps to hit upon somebody as creative as them n voila look at the magical walls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. At a loss of words to appreciate your creativity. Did you apply a layer on top to preserve the posters from wear and tear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the cool kitschy feel of this wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love posters of movies. My children have a couple of the new ones on their walls in the room. I think it makes them happy to be connected :). The wall is just gorgeous. The bright background just makes them pop. And yes, people will stop to smell the roses and think back with wonderful memories of the movies. My mamaji took us to see Sholay, TWICE. The second time because the censors put back the Asrani police station scene :).
    WONDERFUL!!
    My3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful... The wall looks great!
    Since you asked for suggestions, I cannot resist saying this, though the wall looks beautiful as it is now. Painting kitschy art in between the posters or adding indian motiffs fading into the earthy brown colour would add more interest to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Awesome job Patty! Love it. Yes, I want to know where your cousin got these posters from? They're not easy to come by....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purani Yaaden..!! Super Dupar Cool idea..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I juz loved it!!!! specially the earthy wall behind is complimenting the posters so very well.... amazing piece of art work <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! I see you finally used them! Lovely way to have used them, than the usual framing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty- I want the Sholay poster. Can I get the contact from your cousin?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did a wonderful job, it looks great! :)

    Tnx for stopping by to link up at my party this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!