Sunday 6 February 2011

Anu's Silai Kadai Creations

Hey everyone....It's been a couple of weeks since my post on my Pottery creations, so here I am back, to introduce you to my Silai Kadai creations. Silai (sewing) and Kadai (embroidery) are my first love's, my stress buster's, my things to do while watching television. My mom and aunt intoduced me to this craft when I was probably in 4th grade... My mom is extremely good in crochet and embroidery, and my aunts embroidery pieces were exquiste! My aunt was very diligent on the finish of the product. It had to be perfect! The back or the underside had to be neater than the front! and if it was untidy, she would remove the stiches and make me do the embroidery again! No crying or ranting would help!,..but as the years rolled by, all that diligence helped, and encouraged hugely by my family, I have sewn Kurtas, Chudidhars, Salwars, Ghagra Cholies, embroidered on skirts, kurtas, wall hangings,...the list is long. There are still many projects underway [some from 4-5 years ago-BAD], some that are current, some that are just patterns in my head...
Before I go on and on, let me share some of the Kadai work done on the kurtas, that I have made,...get a cuppa of chai, as this is long post...
Herring bone and Buttonhole stich embroidery with glasswork on a yellow Kurta
Kanta and Herring bone embroidery on a Silk Dupatta
Chain stich embroidery using gold thread [dora] on a Silk kurta Silk bag with Herring bone, Chain stich, Kanta and Buttonhole embroidery Bead work to be used as a Kurta yoke,...but now used as a display Assortment of pillows Sorry for the longish post,...I will be back soon with another installment of my Silai Kadai creations. Until then, Adios...

22 comments:

  1. You left me speechless... Awesome !!!

    And I must say very neatwork..will wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat!!! U did it paty?? I am totally awed! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely?

    Though i am a novice with embroidery
    i can call myself an 'Advanced' Silai'wali' ahem Sewing Enthusiast, which i am sure you would have guaged when you visited my blog AdithisAmmaSews

    Glad to know you love sewing as well. I have a 'Saree Blouse e-Pattern Giveaway' at my blog, feel free to participate and also to spread the word

    Thanks
    Adithis Amma from AdithisAmmaSews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anpu, these are lovely! IN LOVE with the yellow kurta embroidery... Love the kanta work and bead work too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! such lovely,vibrant and intricate patterns..

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Amazing and what a talent. way to go Anpu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief Anu! You did these? I am speechless, absolutely fabulous esp the Kantha work! How do you have the patience? I would be burnt out after 3 chain stitches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O-H..... W-O-W... Amazing! What detail! Am quite stitch-struck! Simply beautiful Anu :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exceptionally beautiful work Anu!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anpu, I am thrilled to see the exquisite work! A simple chain stitch in gold turning the dress in to a piece of art is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the lovely lovely comments...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, Anu..I am floored, you are one amazing bundle of talent! I just wish u were my neighbor I would have learned so much from you :) Thanks for linking in the carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my god!! I think I will have to come back to comment. Right now I am speechless. Lady, you are a star!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so where was all this hidden talent..we have lots more to look forward to..even ur dads contemporary ie uncle has commented on how superb all this is..am presently immersed ina new lingo class very intensive stimulates the dying brain so i am up early morn to do dreadful verbs and grammar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Prachi, Padmaja, Rekha...i am going to say just "Fite mou" with a smile...:-)

    @Buchi - Thanks...unable to place you. Can you tll me how you know my dad?

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome... I wish I could have that yellow kurta.. aboslutely loved the color combination and the mirror work...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeousness! I cant stop drooling over the last image! Thats my fave...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I repeat: is there anything you aren't good at? I bow to you lady--your talent knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome work, especially the last pic !!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!