Tuesday 1 February 2011

Looking for trends for 2011 then look into our Indian kitchens

As usual weekend was hectic . Friday evening saw me cooking dinner for 6 very smart very intelligent guys from India doing post docs here in Norway. It is really impressive how our people are doing so well in all spheres. The challenge was I had to cook without onion and Garlic. Hmmmm….. that was critical but with help from googly and other friends over phone I managed J. Saturday was better J, as we were invited to a farewell dinner to the Indian ambassador who is leaving soon. Then came a lazy Sunday morning where I was still in bed and contemplating whether to go or not to this Gift and Interior Messe - Wait wait u did not read it correctly. It is not a mess – it is Messe – meaning exhibition to which I got an invitation. Thank my stars I made a right decision to head there and now I am rich with 400 pictures and enriched with the Trends for Spring Summer 2011. If you need any advice – I am available on the hot line J. Ok I will just give a sneak peak and I am sure thru’ many many posts I will dump out these pics to you all.
Oh MY where are all those white metal basins we had in India. I have to give a call asking them to save one for me.
For long I longed to have one of this dhood dabba from India . Thank god I got one without the hassles of transporting it.
Handi’s – again the imagination of these people for interior décor is unimaginable. In my next trip to India instead of looking at the shops I am going to go house hunting looking for things that can handle my flowers , my candles and things that can come to my consoles.
Made in India East meets west
Loved this vase and makes a very good centre piece for dining table
Love this elephant. Can anyone tell me where we can get this in India ?
Linking into the Weeekend Wrap Up
~ Shanthi

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this for me patty. I know you are very busy these days. May be soon I should get my own blog up and going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely figurines and lanterns...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Shanti, I am so J..I wish I was there too..Hey, that Doodh Dabba with the tap is one cool idea, I have a feeling I am going to copy it shamelessly :)..Gr8 post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dhoodh dabbas are so kitschy.Wud love to see how you include it in ur decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing exhibition Shanthi. between I have seen similar wooden elephants at Mother Earth. check the store next time you come down...you wont be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome finds Shanthi. The doodh dabba with the tap is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the vase with red flowers. Cool post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank U Thank U all. Now I can't wait to post my other finds . Stay tuned.... :-)

    Thanks sayantani I will check mother earth next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first two pictures, they remind me of the big cement tubs we have in our villages. The white centerpiece vase is beautiful.. Would look perfect over a fireplace mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the first two pictures, they remind me of the big cement tubs we have in our villages. The white centerpiece vase is beautiful.. Would look perfect over a fireplace mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fantastic post Shanthi! I loved the virtual tour and wish I had been there too... Can't believe you now own a doodh dabba!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I assumed this post was once great.
    I don't realize who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already. Cheers!
    Also see my page > quit smoking today

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!