Wednesday 8 May 2013

My Home, My Haven ~ Sharda


Welcome to the home of Sharda ... She is a search consultant by profession. Extremely passionate about design, home interiors and travelling….. she has been living in Bangalore for 10 years now and absolutely loves the city.



Pictures today of her space which is a 1065 Sqft 2 bedroom apartment with very little sunlight.


Sharda, tell me a little about your design style:
I like classy designs with clean lines. I like to uses a lot whites and off white in my designs. White for me is like a canvas which allows me to play around with different colours. Since there is no much sunlight, I use a lot of bright colours in the soft furnishing (curtains and cushion covers) to make the room look bright and cheerful. 
I have displayed a lot of Knick Knacks which I have collected during travel. I keep changing the interiors of my home very often as I find it relaxing.





There pics are of my drawing room. We have very less sunlight in this area, so to make it cheerful and vibrant I keep experimenting and changing the soft furnishing very often, this brings a fresh feel to the room. I have displayed a lot of Knick Knack which I have collected from my travel, the Buddha is from Thailand, I filled the fish bowl with the sand and sea shells from langkawi which I have collected during one of my Scuba Diving trips, the mask on the coffee table is from Venice, that cute little cow is from Switzerland. My Husband loves reading so we have a dedicated bookshelf for him. I have also displayed some artefacts on the coffee table, which I picked up in Ladhak











The masks which you see on the wall in the dining area are from my Ladhak Trip.



And now.. she shows off her gardening in her cute and pretty balcony... Im impressed!! sure hope you are too... *smiles*









So is your home so stunning... or your balcony a labour of your hard work... Go on and share images of your home with us... on coloursdekor@gmail.com

16 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,

    Thanks for featuring my home on ur blog. I am really thrilled to see my home pics..
    Regards
    Sharda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharda has a pretty home and I love her balcony garden!With the pleasant Bangalore weather I can see how beautifully her plants have blossomed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. Great idea to have white as the colour theme to have maximum light. :) love the orange curtains and the jute moodas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, what a lovely home you have Sharada!, lovely feature Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous little haven you have out there Sharda! Simply beautiful...clean neat yet so comfy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my idea of home decor is similar - simple clean lines with indian elements!!

    love this home :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love this house, Sharda your house is so beautifuly done up. I am always scared of going all white/beige not because of my 4 yr old but because of his friends who drop in and might make a mess..im so tempted to go all white myself now...seeing your pictures. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply
    back as I'm looking to create my very own website and would like to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

    Here is my site: ingredients of quantrim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely...very organized and full with treasures...beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all :) I am all smiles :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all, i am all smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful house with a warm decor,especially loved the balcony and plants!

    http://rubyspalette.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your home Sharda, it is done up so well. The lovely knick knacks are so attractive. One question though, what type of paint you used to paint your clay pots? The bright yellow color adds so much more charm to your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks lovely Sharda...keep up the grrtt work :)- Swati

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sharda/ Patricia,

    I realize this post was a long long while ago. I enjoyed the pictures of Sharda's home.
    I have one question - Where can I find the large bamboo plant that you have in the drawing room? It is beautiful - adds that zen feel to the room :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!