Monday 11 April 2011

Save the birds!!

Shivani's post at I Discover my style... has inspired me to write this today... Here is a cause I strongly believe in and hope to educate not only my girls, but their friends and my friends as well...
We are now heading into our summers... the temperatures go soaring high!! Placing contains of grains & water at various locations help birds survive the hot summers... As the mercury will be soaring to 40 next month, birds find it difficult to even find water... As a result... many of them die!!
Here is my little attempt at providing them with water... On a trunk in the garden is this bowl, that I've converted into a bird bath.. This summer, I also intend to keep a bowl of grains...
I'm currently on the look out for another bird bath for the terrace as well... I was hoping to find something with a small bowl for grains and some shade.. When I find one.. I'll post pics soon..
Can you see the little birdie on my mail box?? Hoping she will be calling out to the other birds... This summer, I'm gifting bird baths to all my friends. The girls & I are making a little brochure for school and for each of their school mates ... We are hoping they will take it home and have a little bird bath in their homes!! And in turn I can only hope, that we will save a few of these little birdies...
What are you doing to save them? Share your views at Shivani's blog ~ I Discover My Style!!

16 comments:

  1. Thankyou sooo much Patty for linking in and actually I had only come up with an idea but you are the MASTER, you have come up with so many other things as well that can be done...I am gonna COPY you as well....and that brochure idea is a brilliant idea to teach the little ones and their friends too and well they will be trained academically too(hope they will be making on desktop publisher....ahem ahem...my teacher instincts too...)...loved all you BIRDS...they are shhoooo sweeeeeeeet

    xx
    Shivani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little birds are so sweet, Patty. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely birds patty and I hear them chirping around your place. The birdie on the postbox and the 2 birds - wow they are sooooo cute. what a fantastic thing to do - To gift a bird bath to all friends - I think I will take it from you and in 2011 I will only gift bird houses to wherever I am invited :-). Thanks for the wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea. I saw it on Fb with my Mysore friend leaving some water outside for the birds. What a lovely lovely idea. We do it, but on the opposite side :), during late fall so they have eat something and hopefully fly south. This year I am hoping to capture the hummingbird on film. He is wayyyyyy too fast for me. Half the time I just watch the birds in amazement and forget to click pictures. They are such an adorable bunch.

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet and timely post. All of your little bird figures are adorable. Out bird baths stay in action all year and feeders as well. Our climate encourages many year round birds. Thanks for reminding us. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second your thoughts and your efforts Patricia ... its the least we can do ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your bird bath and the birdie-on-the-mailbox. And more than that the beautiful thought that went behind this effort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute...that bird on your mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic effort patty, saw shivanis bird bah and was swooning over it and now yours too :)

    i remember these birds sitting outside your kitchen counter also :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The birds are beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute little friends! I'm enjoy reading this post!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Patty...agree with you...needto to take care of ourfurry friends...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...patty... You are so sweet - spreadin the word and educating the future generation ....!!

    The bird bath s soo cute...and love the cuties in the last pic...!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :D In the colder parts of the world, it's more a winter thing--we hang out bird-feed heavy with fat and sugar so they can survive the harsh winters. I think Shanthi had written a lovely post on this sometime!

    Lovely thought, one worth following up with action!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!