Wednesday 24 November 2010

Handmade greeting cards

I attended a 4 year old little girl's birthday party this week; she is my son's friend from the time they were in nursery last year and is quite a little cutie!
I decided to to give her a handmade greeting card and plunged into thinking about ideas. For girls there are way too many options, and all are equally interesting. Just last month I had used a butterfly pattern for another little girl's birthday - and this time after dilly-dallying, I finalized a princess. I was still unsure about the final result, whether or not it would match what I had visualized it to be!
I came up with this :)
Work in progress
The cover of the greeting card
and....the final piece !
I so hope she likes it!! It took a lot of time to paint the pieces separately and carefully without the colours running into each other. With limited time on hand - in between household chores and my son's demands for attention; I managed it somehow and I think this looks really pretty! What do you think? Do write in!!

11 comments:

  1. Its so pretty, Patty. I love handmade cards. They are so thoughtful and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love handmade cards too coz it shows the effort and time you have put in it. My daughter makes lovely cards for her friends, she hates store bought cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practical and possible.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so pretty.... cant remember when was the last time i made a card! and there was a time when i used to send handmade ones to all my relatives and friends for diwali as well for new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowww!!! To imagine u took so much time n effort in itself means so much.... Ofcourse goes without saying tht the final product is pretty pretty preety! Hats off to u to pulling this off despite ur "work work work" pahse.... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know you guys liked it !!

    @Meena: This is a post by me, I am a contributor on Patty's blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty card. my DD loves making handmade cards, and for our near and dear ones we make our own little cards... after all it gives that personal touch...isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been a while since I received a card...leave alone a handmade card! But I always give cards with presents...seems incomplete otherwise. Wish there was someone to make a card for me too :) Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww cute...how do you have the time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your homemade card design on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's awesone Pat - what makes it special is coz' its personal..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!