Tuesday 9 November 2010

Indisk Jul - Part 1

Shanthi -
Hope you all had a wonderful Diwali as we did.... with so much inspiration and motivation from you all. Most Indians here refer to this festival as Indisk Jul (Indian equivalent to Christmas)... to make their Norwegian friends understand the magnitude of the festivities and now I will let the pics speak for Diwali at my home :-)
I'm linking this post to Table top Tuesdays, KeyBunch - Diwali Dhamaka & Liven Things Up - Itz' Festival Time
Watch out for Part 2 - of Shanthi's beautiful Diwali pics... tomorrow!!
Have you joined the Weekend Wrap Up Party yet??? What are you waiting for??

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Shanthi! Who is the adorable munchkin? She looks like she had a gala time at diwali!

    Happy diwali...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics Shanti, can't wait to see more of your Diwali Pics tomorrow, thanks for linking in the Diwali Dhamaka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...thats pretty! that brass lantern is a sure show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...simply Awesome. Lovely cute little girl....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a sucker for traditional things and this post is perfect to derive inspiration of sorts. Thanks for sharing. The little girl is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very traditional and inspiring. Cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty. Love the wonderful colors and your pictures are stunning. Thanks for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Patty Thank you for posting my Indisk Jul 2 and for all the trouble I am putting you thru' :-)
    @GB Thanks GB all this is really inspirtaion drawn from you all.
    @all Thanks I am delighted. The little girl is Anna my friends daughter and she loves India and wants to inherit all my Indian things when she is big :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks deepali. Just browsed thru' your blog and loved your khadi works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little one is soo cute... !! Luv the bangle arrangement and colorful pics.. !!

    Thanks for linking, Shanti...

    Hope to see you joining for Xmas and New Year too..!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!