Friday 19 November 2010

Home decor pour ma cousine

Hello everyone...It has been a couple of weeks since I did a post on Colours Dekor...have been crazily busy with work, work, parties and family visiting us in Atlanta...
So here I am sharing a project that my cousin, aunt and myself worked on, over the weekend for my cousin's dining room... This is one of those DIY projects, that I love!! I can play on my machine and create something new...
I love DIY projects for three reasons... 1) brings out your creativity, 2) the final product is so EXCLUSIVE, so very youself...[I like to be different], 3) DIY projects are such fun!!! My cousin Ashu is going through an AQUA phase, and keeping in mind the gold silk curtains and the lovely dark wood furniture at her place, she picked up this lovely silk aqua colored curtain panel at Pier1.
What followed was 2 hrs of fun and bonding time, as we cut, sew, and beaded the runner for Ashu's dining table...and yes Ashu kept serving me hot delicious Gulab Jamuns throughout the sewing time...
-Panel from Pier
-The gold peacock feathers complement the gold silk curtains that runs through out the dining and living rooms
My Sewing machine, my treasured possession though, nothing can compare to the 1976 Singer machine, we have at home [wish I could bring it over to Atlanta]

- Beading the beads...
- The Runner at last...
- the 2 cushions from the same curtain panel, that Ashu wanted for her living room...
Finally, linking these two a few DIY blog parties!
…....shhh...., the cushions will be complimenting, the gold and aqua abstract painting that I will have ready as a Christmas gift for Ashu… j'aime ma cousine...

16 comments:

  1. Anpu, you are amazing. Love the runner, and the use of a pier 1 panel was simply genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very elegant work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual beautiful work by you Anpu!!! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..awesome!! Love it!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cool...great runner and pillows..:)...love the beads..are they the ones sahana made?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very artistic..I love the pillows

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, the colors look so vibrant and the final outcome is of course gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Anpu, good elegant work. S.P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love the runner and the cushion covers. They have the royal rich look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always wait to go to India to get my desi stuff and you made a gorgeous one right here! Genius! I want a runner too! Anu- completely fida!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anpu, that is unbelievable! The color of the thread you used for the feathers against the peacock blue is vibrant and the matching beads make it extra special,congrats on such brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. U R simply outstanding and amazing. Wish was even 1% as creative as U R

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Diwya - Send me the matrial and some measurements...will make it for your table...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS Anpu! Also love the cushions so much! :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, its very beautiful. Some how I find you today. You have an interesting place here.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!