Monday 19 September 2011

The Weekly Story ~ wk 49


Happy Monday... my lovelies!! You wont believe... I finally managed to sort out nearly the entire house this weekend!! *smiles*... Now I have a mini shopping list for the birthdays, festivities and celebrations.... Peep into my bedroom... I have a to-do list for the next few weeks for painting, and preparing, and clearing... 



Do you remember seeing this chest...? This is the small common area between the three bedroom.... as you walk up the stairs!! When we got the chest, I wanted to paint it, try decoupage and so much more... but nothing happened.. and I figured it looked lovely the way it is... *smiles*





Now what do you think?? Does this seat with the sheesha... look nice instead?? I cant decide... What do you think?



So I've moved the chest... to my bedroom... Here is a preview... I don't like how the orange cushions look on it... and also think... the rickshaw cushions don't match my teal painted room... But that will all be sorted once I figure out... if the chest looks nice here or not... What do you think? Do you like it here?



I must admit.... that I love all the posts on Purnima's blog... so telling you that I totally fell in love with just this one... will be a lie... When she decorates her table... its absolutely stunning.. and last week she shared with us this painting on A Creative Project ... 




Another inspiration ~ fall decor at Cherish Dream Live ... Isn't this truly awesome!! Its lovely to learn new things in blog land.. And ofcourse... please don't forget to follow blogs you like.. and comment.. Its always lovely to see your notes... 



I can't wait to see what you're linking in this week at  'The Weekly Story' linky party ~ open from Monday through Wednesday every week.. ... ... ...
  1. Do a post on your blog, about ANYTHING! and it can really be anything – example – a fun recipe you tried out, a craft project, a DIY, a table top, a few candles, coffee with friends or a good book or a movie review… The list is endless… just about ANYTHING… and anything about YOU !! *smiles* ... It can also be 'anything pretty' ...
  2. Original photographs only... No images from other websites or magazines please!! This is about YOU.
  3. Link back to my blog.... only as a courtesy, so we have more people joining the party.
  4. Copy the 'permalink' from your post (not the link to the front page of your blog).
  5. Add your 'permalink' to the 'inlinkz' at the bottom of this post.
  6. Click the link before you. Don’t forget to comment and if you like the blog, please follow!!
Any questions, email me on torresp27@hotmail.com.


Please note, you DO NOT have to be a follower of my blog to join the party.. I'd love to see you here!!

Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!





Colours Dekor


~ Patricia

24 comments:

  1. A-ha !! We finally get to see the room with the blue wall :) It's looking lovely Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your seat looks great with this setting......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks absolutely gorgeous , patty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your bedroom is coming together Patty - stunning:) Also like the chair where it is at, a nice respite as you come up the stairs:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog with lots of lovely photos! Nice to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, I'm partial to that chest of yours! Its a lovely piece...looks great where ever you place it.

    Would love to see the blue wall of your room....when are you revealing it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely surprise Patty :) Thank you so much for the feature. chest is awesome. I think both piece looks great on landing..room is coming along nicely...loved first pic. I m too posting up today about bedroom...will link up once post is up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I liked the chest in the hallway, but after seeing it in your room I vote that it stays in your room! So pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely settings Patty. Oh that chest is so Gorgeous! looks pretty the way it is in your bed room with all those colors. The new chair at the entry also looks cool:-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVe the color on the bedroom wall and the throw on the low chair looks gorgeous Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color of your bedroom wall:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv ur bedroom,.:) will try to linkin ,cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the burst of orange and blue in your bedroom! Will do the linkin sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing as usual..The chest looks gorgeous as it is..What a surprise..Thanks Patty for the sweet words.. You are so sweeeeeeet!!! Thanks!! You made my day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your pillows :)..and the chest looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the bench in your room. It is too wide for the railing (original location) from the pic. You do not need to put the orange or any cushions on its seat as it hides the beauty but the rickshaw cushions look nice. Every room should have a touch of black and of white. Like the first pic in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The chest is stunning! Love the colour on the bedroom wall. Great :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,

    This is the first time ever that i have linked up 2 days after weekly story has been posted, i don't know how i missed it! This has been a hectic week so far with Navarathri Preparations underway! Better late than never isn't it. so i have linked up now, and thanks for hosting.

    BTW i like the chest but i too don't favor those orange cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay! I finally got to pull up my socks and write something. Just linked my post!

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the seating arrangement n the 2nd location...sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You were so right in leaving the chest as it is,without painting or decoupaging it. It looks so beautiful with its natural colours. It is so beautiful that I think it fits both your bedroom and the common area :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These corners of your home are stunning Patty, looove this pictures! WOW.

    I think I already commented on FB, but nevermind, here I go again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm partial to that chest of yours! Its a lovely piece...looks great where ever you place it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!