Friday 2 March 2012

Goa… Goa… Beaches, Churches & Romances

If your idea of a perfect holiday is to just sit by the beach, sipping mojito, having a massage and lazing around. Goa is obviously the perfect destination.

The beaches are long, endless with white sands and blue skies. With the sounds of the waves hitting the shore, you are forced to leave all your thoughts behind and enjoy the moment.


The architecture is highly influenced by the Portuguese. However my opinion is that, some of the people really are unaware of the treasure they have and have not maintained their heritage very well.


Every corner of Goa is blessed with a huge, majestic, ancient church. Inside the churches, the sounds of the outside world are left behind. There is a calm and quite breeze that allows you to share your moment with God! The beauty of the churches is such that you would definitely want to spend some time there.

 





Goa also has two or three forts…. Extremely beautiful and a must see!

But if you are looking for intense travelling (like me!!)… Goa is really not the place. It’s the place to relax and enjoy life.

We stayed at the Nirvana Hermitage (http://nirvanagoa.com/index.htm) which is about 10 mins from Anjuna beach. This lovely resort is on a hill top and is away from the hustle and bustle of every day Goa life. Here are some pictures –






Dona Paula is one of the biggest attractions in Goa. This beach is associated with a romantic myth. Its spooky past attracts tourists from all over India and abroad. History goes to say that this beach is named after Dona Paula de Menzes, daughter of a viceroy in colonial India who threw herself off the cliff, because she was not permitted to marry a local fisherman. The myth goes further to state that Dona Paula emerges from the moonlit waves wearing only a pearl necklace.…. I loved the drive to get there. Goa is green.

Oh.. and when you are in Goa, don’t forget to try the Goan delicacies !! A definite visit to Souza’s resturaunt on the Callangute beach – is one of the oldest and most popular resturaunts. Its best go to early, as Souza’s is popular amont tourists and residents alike. The music and ambience of this open beach side resturaunt is such, that is just calls you to come back.



If you want any more info on Goa, visit http://www.goa-tourism.com/ or email me at torresp27@hotmail.com. Please dont forget to post your comments, it will keep my enthusiasm alive.

19 comments:

  1. How lovely!!Yes, Goa is beautiful and all the other things you said - reading your blog made me miss home all the more!! And the fish curry and the crabs and the monkeys and the auto ricshaws with doors! So uncomfortable, yet so quaint.
    You're doing a fab job Pats, don't lose the spirit - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goa is one of many fav place,..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx a lot Patty for sharing ur trip to Goa...In fact we are planning to visit Goa later this yr.....Nirvana definitely looks beautiful and it wud be definitely on the top of my list for stay....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, I love this travel series. Goa is on my list to visit. Until I do, I love reading about the various places and dream whether my vacation will be action packed or if I will swing lazily in my hammock reading a book waiting for the next massage! Also, the website you linked to. I have a friend here with whom I share these tourism links. We both dream about our trips someday :). She is recovering right now and I tell her that we can both dream of going to those places in the future when she is in full remission. Dreams keep us all alive, Patty. Keep them coming.

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post as always :) added to my neverending to go list :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. sitting by the beach and having beers is my husband idea's of a perfect holiday...so goa is his dream destination and he is planning to go there!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have visited Goa once and its lovely memories that I have. I do so want to go back with my family now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made Goa to be my next to go on the vacation list:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goa...beautiful beaches and incredible churches are what comes to mind first. Loved the Dona Paula tale...I could visualize her walking out of the deep blue sea wearing white pearl necklace:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visited Goa last year. Your pics are beautiful! Reminded me of my stay there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I visited Goa last year. Your pics are beautiful! Reminded me of my stay there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just loved themm such a beautiful placeee wannaa spend a longggggggg vacation there

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a perfect place to relax and unwind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey I love goa too. And you have shared such Lovely information about beaches of goa. Your pics are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey I love goa too. And you have shared such Lovely information about beaches of goa. Your pics are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree Goa is one of the most happening & visited destinations in India, as you travel to Goa first picture that comes into your mind is tourist relaxing on sandy beaches near the blue sky. Goa Beaches make for that perfect picture postcard setting that enchants tourists. Fringed by coastal trees and lapped by waters of Arabian sea, options are in plenty : tourist can soak up the sun for that perfect tan, leisurely sip the famous feni, go for a brisk surin or take part in adventure sports while enjoying the holidays in Goa.

    My experience at Holiday Beach Resort in Goa was rejuvenating.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goa Holiday packages- Goa holiday package will include visits to places of heritage, beaches, Churches and spots of monumental value. There are many places which delight a travel providing a splendor of an ancient Portugal city during a Goa Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!