Monday 12 March 2012

The Weekly Story ~ wk 71

Did you read my post on 'The Key Bunch' ... was a Women's Day special... The post is a little about me... and the responses were overwhelming... I've also read through all your emails... I'm touched!! I'm humbled... Thank you!! Thank you for coming to my little blog every other day... and making every minute I spend on this worthwhile... *smiles*... 

Now, Dubai is still enjoying the outdoor weather.... so last weekend.... the girlies and I had a 'pink picnic'.... 


And while, I'm talking about outdoors, I'd like to share a few expert tips from the ~ Home Centre


· Give a garden feel to your spacious balcony/veranda with a flourish of plants and flowers. If you are unable to take care of outdoor plants, opt for artificial foliage, some of which could pass off as authentic. Place them on either side of a seating arrangement or ends of the terrace for a streamlined look.

· For a more natural vibe, go for a variety of flowering and leafy plants with a range of different pots to give your outdoor space an organic look.

· Crates and wicker baskets make a great alternative for plant pots. The casual home-made style is the trend this season.

· Lanterns, hurricanes and candle holders in abundance light up your terrace décor – literally. Hang them asymmetrically at different heights to lend a creative touch.

· Opt for warmer light bulbs than bright, white lights.

· Fluff up your outdoor seats with a bunch of cushions to create a snug and welcoming mood. A throw can also be a perfect addition for a nippy winter evening.

· If you have tiles that look cold and hard, lay wooden flooring tiles for a warmer and softer look.

· Pebbles and stones can create a beachy outdoor feel.


I love pink... don't you?? Hope you enjoyed out little outing... Once we started... this place turned into a complete wreck.. I only show you the good pics... *smiles*...



Oh... and you can now receive Colours Dekor posts in your inbox!! Do subscribe...



Oh.. and here is this gorgeous give away for the 3rd birthday of My Dream Canvas... so go on and join the celebrations....



Common on... join in 'The Weekly Story' linky party ~ open from Monday through Wednesday every week..  ...
  1. Do a post on your blog, about ANYTHING! and it can really be anything – example – a fun recipe you tried out, a craft project, a DIY, a table top, a few candles, coffee with friends or a good book or a movie review… The list is endless… just about ANYTHING… and anything about YOU !! *smiles* ... It can also be 'anything pretty' ...
  2. Original photographs only... No images from other websites or magazines please!! This is about YOU.
  3. Link back to my blog.... only as a courtesy, so we have more people joining the party.
  4. Copy the 'permalink' from your post (not the link to the front page of your blog).
  5. Add your 'permalink' to the 'inlinkz' at the bottom of this post.
  6. Click the link before you. Don’t forget to comment and if you like the blog, please follow!!
Any questions, email me on torresp27@hotmail.com.


Please note, you DO NOT have to be a follower of my blog to join the party.. I'd love to see you here!!

Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!



Colours Dekor 

Weekly Story 71

16 comments:

  1. Thanks Patty. You and I go way back and I feel so lucky to call you a friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink party looks awesome.. pink and green n beige!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. quite a nice idea for a girly party!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhh!! I love the settings.. pink and green so spring! :)
    Want to drop by ur place for a cup of tea rt now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post ...love that low chair...where is it from? love the cushions and the whole setting...very warm n welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pink set up looks so so lovely....and i am joining ur party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The article @key bunch was just wonderful patty! Left a comments there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..awesome post

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia! I love your picnic corner, I'd love to read a book sitting there!
    Thanks for hosting the party.
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wish my friend do this for me hihi.
    nice great post thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww...Now I know what you were talking about...such a lovely-lively outdoor setting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the gardening tips dear.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pink cushions on a green background...looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!