Wednesday 7 March 2012

...Trinklet boxes...

Are you fond of Trinklet boxes? Trinklet boxes, Jewelry boxes, bangle boxes, tiny chests, masala dhabas...I love them all and collect them...Some are gifts that I treasure...some that I have picked during my travels. I place them all over  the house and use it to store every day stuff... So without further  ado, sharing some pictures of my collection over the years...

...the brass Idol box from the holy city of Benaras...Belonged  to my mother for nearly 40 years...she use to keep her collection of tiny godly idols in this box in her puja mandir. I too keep the box in my puja mandir...and use it to store the matchbox and some ghee soaked wicks...


...my grandmothers brass box...that my father had for a very long time and now has come to me. I got it with a beautiful Lakshmi etched on a glass mirror. The rich red velvet is still intact and soft to touch. I use this box to remove and store my earrings on the run...


...aah this is special!!...a beautiful silver bharni came to me as a Shankranthi gift this year from my lil cousins Raghav and Vinay. filled with lots of love, peace, health and prosperity...couldn't ask for more right!...


...the Shanti Spice jar in my lobby...now Shanti is my chamak chalo cousin, who got me this beautiful spice jar abt 12 years ago...:-) and I keep some elachis, cinnamon and lavang in it...yes one can smell a very delicate aroma of the spices in that  corner...


...a teak Indonesian tiny chest from my trip to Singapore...This reminds me of the lovely evening spent antique shopping with my friend Priya...



...the brass Masala dhabba in the bath...used to store those lovely fragrant spa soaps and salts...Diwya Rajan of 'Sound Horn Please' sent it to me all the way from NY...thanks Divi


...the teak Burmese jewelry box...


...a beautiful Sandlewood with intricate animal carvings gifted by my brother...


...a very delicate porcelain jewelry box from Ireland...I love that Irish knot pattern... 


...the steel betelnut box from amchi Mumbai...I store my quarters in it


...the intricately painted Kashmiri paper mache pencil box...or now my watch box...Picked it during my trip to Jammu...


...the delicate jewelry box painted with finely ground powder from semi precious stones...this is the last of the piceces remaining from what we purchased in the Indian Handicrafts exhibition in Bandra, Mumbai in 2009...


...an old Sandlewood box purchased many many years ago from the Sandlewood factories in Shimoga...keep my special keepsakes in it...


...yes this box is special, as my father gifted it to me 12 yrs ago...it is wounderful to be surrounded with things and keepsakes that are interwoven with warm and happy memories...



...hope you enjoyed the post...do share pictures of your treasures too...
Adios...until next week...

12 comments:

  1. ur collections are reallyy unique and just loved themmmm..Sply Spice jar gifted by Shanti awesomeeeeee patty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection, loved the porcelain box, and the Masala dhabba - simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 collection...really large with variety n creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. though am not overly fond of boxes...i like to keep my suff neatly packe, hence have got lots of boxes and containers....some of which are purely functional...but have picked some nice crreative pieces too....
    love all your collections......

    the watch box gave me a good idea to store my watches!!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luved ur collection,..even I ammfondof trinket box,..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are gorgeous patty, amazing collection, I havent got even one :(, this post is surely an inspiration to start mine :).
    Loved them all.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha fine collections. I love the first and second.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each box looks special and lovely to me.
    The spice box given by Shanti is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every piece is pretty , pretty and very pretty. It is so nice of you share so many boxes, each with something special about them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!