Monday 5 March 2012

Its March!!

Its Monday!! and its March already!! *sigh*... I'm going to have a busy month ahead... At work, we start preparing for year end, and the last week gets super hectic. On the home front, its a busy time as well... with ballet rehearsals, performances (not that I'm performing!! *grins*), school assessments, school year end reports, swimming competitions, travel plans... and most importantly Yva's birthday!! *sigh*...

Anyway for now... or rather for March, in the spotlight is 'Kids Craft'... so the linky party below is open all month, come back and link your posts on Kids craft... It can be new posts or old posts... just about anything you believe kids can do!!

Oh.. and the best post in 'Kids Craft', selected by my judges 'Rose' and 'Harshi' (if you are a regular at Colours Dekor... you must know they were my team mates last year)... will receive an award... What the prize is.. I haven't decided as yet... but I promise you... it will be special *smiles*...


 The girlies and I made the above lantern using water bottles.... tutorial on Mindful Meandering ... Have a look!! ...


The above is a simple.. paper craft!! My girlies know I love tealights and love the shadows on the walls... While we were making the plastic lanters, Sims had the paper doilies idea above... All you need to do, is cut and place it in an existing tea light...


From there... we started discussing 'Easter craft'... Make little bunnies and cut them... And here is her trial run... They have these little cutters and have cut pink paper to make these... So I'm convinced the bunnies will look good too.. Although if the glass is straight the effect is better...


So... go on and link in your entries for 'Kids craft'... here...





Colours Dekor

And you know the rules for the weekly party... so go and link here... 

Please grab the Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story' button!!





Colours Dekor 



13 comments:

  1. Woohoo! We have lotssssssss of entries then :p

    PS: Ur post is up here - http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.in/2012/03/upcycled-bottle-lanterns-guest-post-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,

    Your weekly link ups are something I really look forward to. Incidentally, I have been linking up first for the last couple of weeks.

    The fact that all the link ups for the month are made available in a single post leaves not much to really look forward for the rest of the mondays... Though it would sustain interest levels to link up, the excitement waiting for your Monday post might just be lost.

    Just my thought :) Either way, am undoubtedly going to participate

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids craft is very nice.
    Can be easily done by kids.

    I like to see everymonday and like to participate also.

    viji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some creative work has shown here by the moderator. And good use of plastics.

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute votives. Sorry I cannot link up my latest project - jewelry organizer - as it is not a kids' craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doily in the little cup gives a lovely light and shadow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have lot of entries, Don't where to start! Any suggestion Patricia how we can link up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative and colorful... Just perfect for the month of March!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of up cycling the water bottles to lanterns n also love the paper doily in the tea lights... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, i love the creative topics that u come up with.....secondly....u r idea of linking the posts from various blogs provides an interesting diary of creative collections. Hats off to u patty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia, I must apologize for linking my post to the kids craft linky. I did it before realizing its not the weekly story. You can edit it out or something?
    I do look forward to your linkys and reading up your posts.
    I enjoyed the one on trinket boxes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!