Friday 6 April 2012

Its Easter


Happy Easter !! my lovelies.... Are you all enjoying the long weekend?? 

First a little about me... (as usual!! isn't it?) *grins*... Well... I've simply been super busy with work, with clearing and cleaning the house (to make it a home again)... birthday party... (pics to follow).... the new school year.... meant we have new uniforms, new books, new classes... sorting after school schedules for my kids.... *sigh*... Most of this is still work in progress... But I'm getting there... and sometime this week.... when I take a break... I'll come visit you too.... *smiles*


Now... ever since I saw these a few years ago... on the Martha Stewart blog I think... I've forever wanted to try egg shells candles.... As you can see... I neither had the time, not the patience to colour the egg shells *grins*... or make the candles... *bigger grin*...


The first set (above pic and below pic)... We saved a few egg shells for a few weeks... had to clean and dry them.... Then cut out the top so that a tea light could fit in... For some they fit perfectly... (like the first one)... and for some.. the just dropped in... (the second one)... But all in all... that's how they looked!!


For some odd reason... I couldn't find my pretty ceramic egg crate... What do you think about these??


I wasn't really impressed with the first one!! So I broke the shells further... and left them in a black plate with candles in them....


I honestly think... these look better .... What about you??


I've simply had no time to put out my little Easter decor.... so all we have are these egg shells on our coffee table... *smiles*...

Anyway... hope you all have a lovely Easter... and come back here on Monday to say 'hello'... *smiles* and *hugs* 

10 comments:

  1. Patricia I really adore these and have not tried to do it myself. Have a wonderful Easter with your family...

    I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway! (from Artie of Color Outside the Lines))You will love it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Ester Patty to you and your gorgeous family : the candles are as bright and as amazing as you are !

    PS: Where on Earth do you get such creative ideas from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Ester Patty :) loved the idea..simple and natural :)..wish u finish ur pending work fast..and missing ur comments for my blog too..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Patty!!!!
    Your arrangement looks lovely....I liked the first :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia! I think your egg shells candles turned out really well, I had never seen them but I think it's a great idea, simple, cheap and pretty, love them!
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea and your photography skills are amazing!!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I don't think I've ever seen this before. I hope I remember it for next year!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!