Friday 17 June 2011

DIY - plates on wall

You've been reading about 'The Pipal' on my blog... those lovely kids store for themed kids room accessories...
Now see what Abha Mahajan has done with her dining room.... I simply love DIYs... don't you??
Over to Abha ~
I have a quirky collection of plates and miniature boxes displayed in the dining area. The mandala has been painted by me on glass. The plates are from India as well as holiday souvenirs. I tend to pick up boxes and plates when we travel!
The boxes are displayed in Fabindia display case and are from all over the world. Couple of sentimental gifts as well.
So what do you think?? I love the plates on the wall idea.... Do you have souvenirs that you've displayed creatively?? Can you share them with us?? Email me on torresp27@hotmail.com... I've love to feature you here..

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this plate display!! Especial the center masterpiece!! Beautiful!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and join my Giveaway from the Novica Artisans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plates on the wall... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea.if only you could tell me how to put them up on the wall securely , it would be of great help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Patricia! This one was such a surprise :)

    Thanks for the compliments, guys!

    Sarmistha:
    I picked up plate hangers from the US in craft stores! But one of the easiest and cost effective way is this tutorial by Martha Stewart:
    http://www.marthastewart.com/272957/wire-plate-hangers

    Happy plate hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. itz a adorable post...soo creative...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!